Very good for wetting out very lightweight glass fibre cloth on models.
Compatible for use with Carbon Fibre, Aramid / Kevlar® & Glass Fibre.
A good Resin System for most applications from coating models to Laminating.
Use our super special 1.1m wide 25g or 49g glass fibre woven cloth for covering model wings when the orientation of fibres are layed at +45 degree angle or -45 degree angle which will increase the torsional stiffness.
Note: We recommend the use of foam rollers for applying activated epoxy resin to Super or Ultra lightweight woven glass fibre cloth on model aircraft wings and fuselage to prevent dragging the glass fibre cloth. Depending on the quantity of the activated epoxy resin applied to glass fibre woven cloth with a roller, may need the surplus activated resin removed with absorbent paper (toilet tissue roll) to save weight of the model. In the pre-cured state of the activated resin the absorbent paper does not stick and can be peeled away from the model easily before the curing process. Remember surplus resin is only going to add weight to the model so must be removed and only leave enough of the activated epoxy resin to stick the woven glass fibre cloth to the model.
Use the Bucks 4 inch Nylon roller for applying larger amounts of activated epoxy resin and hardener to heavier weights of glass fibre woven cloth .
Low viscosity at room temp.
Easy measuring ratio.
Mix ratio by volume:-
- 100 parts Resin to 50 parts Hardener (2 to 1)
Mix ratio by weight:-
- 100 parts Resin to 40 parts Hardener (2.5 to 1)
The sizes are listed below:-
- 100g Resin & 50g Hardener- net weight combined 150g, Small Size.(Suitable for small size repairs or wing joining on models).
250g Resin & 100g Hardener- net weight combined 350g, Medium Size.(Suitable for wetting out 2m² approx).
- 500g Resin & 200g Hardener- net weight combined 700g, Large Size. (Suitable for wetting out 4m² approx).
- 1kg Resin & 400g Hardener- net weight combined 1.4kg, Extra-Large Size.
Spare Hardener can also be supplied:-
- 200g Spare Hardener only.
- Graduated measuring pots qty 2
- Spatulas qty 2
Take into consideration heat generation when mixing resin and hardener, once mixed put into a larger area this will prevent higher temperature build up and this will give you a longer pot life (working time). Never mix large quantity of resin and hardener without putting in a larger area.
- Full depth cure / Non Waxy & Tack free finish
- Pot life 50mins
- Curing time: 24 hours at room temperature,
- (Optional) followed by warm heated curing for 15 hours at 55 °C can improve operating Temperatures.
- -60 °C up to +50 °C (-76 °F up to 122 °F) without heat treatment
- -60 °C up to +80 °C (-76 °F up to 176 °F) after heat treatment
- Winter time, always leave the Epoxy Resin and Hardener in a warm area to cure for 24 hours and never turn the heating off during winter time while the curing is taking place.
Also Foam Friendly.
Please select size of the resin & hardener from the menu below.